25 incredible affirmations for positive mindset
Alright, so everyone out there or at least those who have read my posts knows that I am a huge fan of journaling. Journaling has helped me gain clarity and a positive mind-shift. But it was only possible when I started using affirmation in my morning pages. Affirmations play a huge role in rewiring your mind and developing a positive mindset.
I was totally unaware of these magic sentences until I started reading and working on this book called, ‘Artist’s Way’ by Julia Cameron. In her book, Julia has mentioned beautiful affirmations for the lost artists and how to gain your power back.
According to her book, it was highly beneficial to use affirmation in morning pages and hence I started using them consistently. Affirmations can do miracles if you know how to use them. But before diving into the benefits and use of affirmations, let’s clear out what this word ‘Affirmation’ means.
What are ‘Affirmations’?
Putting it in the simplest form, affirmations are the positive statements. These statements are powerful and true and are in the present tense. Affirmations are used to rewire your mind, to develop a mind-shift, to change your life, reduce stress, and what not!
These simple statements have so much power that they can totally shift the way of your living. But many a time these affirmations don’t work. We will get into the reasons why affirmations don’t work in a while.
What does ‘ Affirmation’ mean?
Affirmation is derived from the word ‘Affirm’ that means ‘ to strengthen or to make steady’
When we use the word affirm, it means we make our subconscious mind believe in something that is true. Our mind accepts and believes in everything we tell and hence it becomes most necessary to feed it with truth, to feed it with positivity to get the positive output.
How can ‘Affirmations’ help in having a positive mindset?
Affirmation is a simple tool that will help you build confidence and gain more clarity in your life. For example; if you are an artist who is currently suffering from a writer’s block and practice the following affirmation;
I am more than capable of writing amazing things and words come to me easily.
You probably won’t be able to kick-off the writer’s block in few minutes and start writing. This is where it gets complicated.
Affirmations don’t work if you don’t feel them. You need to make yourself believe that you are actually an artist who has the power of words and is capable of writing amazing things.
This way you are rewiring your mind and telling it that it is totally possible to write for you and that you are born to do it.
Now for an instance, you are in an odd job which sucks and you want to get out from it then you need to make your subconscious mind believe that you deserve more and you are worthy of having great success.
When you practice the affirmations with ‘I AM’, you are giving signals to your mind to believe in your truth. Once you start incorporating such positive statements in your daily life, you will notice a sudden yet gradual shift. This shift won’t be in the outer world but within.
When you practice the affirmation,’ I am capable to get a better job’ or ‘ I deserve much more than something that makes me feel little’, you will start looking out for solutions.
You will take incharge of your life and make that statement true.
This is how affirmations work. Believe me, if you are just mind-numbingly repeating these statements than they re never going to work.
Practicing affirmation is a mindful work which can be done only when you FEEL what you are saying.
Why Affirmations don’t work?
Affirmations don’t work due to two main reasons.
- You fail to FEEL them
- You don’t incorporate them into your routine. The change is only possible when you make it a habit.
How to use Affirmations to make them effective?
Here are a few simple ways that can maximize the effect of affirmations.
- Use them in your journal or morning pages.
Here is the detailed post on Journaling for beginners along with 11 journaling prompts to start with.
2. Stick them on your vision board or on your fridge where you can visualize easily throughout your day.
3. Take up a meditation practice and use your affirmations during meditation when your mind is calm.
4. Use Affirmation cards and print them out, stick them at various places like bathroom mirror, in the office, in your closet, on your laptop (ahh yes, I do this)
5. Put it on your device as a screensaver or wallpaper.
There indeed are many creative ways to inculcate these affirmations in your daily routine. But always remember, if you failed to feel those words, you may not be able to see the visible output.
25 Affirmations for a positive mindset
- I am always supported by the Universe
- I am capable of doing miraculous things
- My dreams come from God and he has the power to accomplish them
- I am attracting success in infinitely possible ways
- The Universe has my back
- I choose to see the love in everything
- I am peaceful and my inner child is happy
- I am the captain of my ship
- I have the powers to do impossible
- I have indomitable strength and will
- I can do everything I set my mind on
- I choose peace above anything
- I am living my best life
- I am going to make today my best day
- I am confident enough to surpass this
- I am calm even during these tough times
- I have everything it takes to be happy and successful
- I am always growing and blooming
- I am always supported by the highest power
- I can find solutions to any problem
- I am attracting positive vibes
- I have an incredible soul and heart of gold
- I can make my dreams come true
- I am more than anything that makes me feel less
- I am God’s child and he protects me always
I have also incorporated these positive statements into my daily self-care planner and without fail, I try to use three of the above affirmations daily.
Besides this, I have my own beautifully crafted affirmation cards. Lastly, it always comes with the belief, if you speak to yourself with feeling and belief, these affirmations will surely work.
I would love to know which affirmations do you use in your routine. And don’t forget to grab those beautiful affirmation cards that I made specially for you.